InnoTrans 2022: A Unique Opportunity to Explore the Future of Mobility
October 1, 2022
DB E.C.O. North America organized a curated InnoTrans tour for US and Canadian railroad executives and decision-makers.
From September 20th to 23rd, 2022, DB E.C.O. North America organized a curated tour InnoTrans to Berlin, Germany, for 25 US and Canadian railroad executives and decision-makers. InnoTrans is the world’s leading trade fair for transport technology and takes place every two years in Berlin. This highly anticipated event brought together 2,834 global exhibitors from 56 countries and over 137,00 international visitors from 131 countries to experience the latest trends and technologies in mobility.
DB E.C.O. North America’s curated InnoTrans tour and respective meetings focused on “Fleet Management” and offered insights into optimizing rolling stock, maintenance, and procurement strategies for passenger rail, and around pathways to zero emission trains, an area of growing importance for the transportation sector. Participants attended high-profile panel discussions and expert talks on current and future-focused mobility topics and were provided with a platform to exchange ideas and lessons learned.
Key highlights from the event included:
- Excursion to Berlin Central Station: One of Europe’s largest train stations
- Guided City Tour of Berlin: Discovering Berlin’s History while using the Public Transit System
- Guided tour of the ICE maintenance facility in Berlin Rummelsburg: 1 out of approximately 100 Deutsche Bahn maintenance facilities
- Meeting at the Embassy of the United States of America in Berlin: An exchange between the US and German railway industries
- Guided tour of SBCTA’s Stadler Flirt H2: The first hydrogen-powered passenger train in the US
- Guided tour of the IdeasTrain: Deutsche Bahn’s concept for mass transit of the future
- Meeting with Deutsche Bahn Procurement Rolling Stock: First-hand experience in the new ICE-L (Talgo)
- Guided tour of Mireo Plus H (Siemens) vehicle: Hydrogen train with Deutsche Bahn charging station
This Curated InnoTrans 2022 provided an opportunity for participants to learn about the future of mobility and gain a competitive edge in the railway industry. With the ever-changing landscape of mobility, attending events like InnoTrans will be essential to stay up to date on the latest trends and technologies.
DB E.C.O. North America will organize a curated InnoTrans tour in 2024 to Berlin. If you are interested in attending or learning more, please contact email@example.com